Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Curriculum Sale Day!

I have never in my life been to a curriculum sale.  I knew I would need some materials for all the kids this year.  But I really went in thinking I would be in and out within 20 minutes.  I really had no idea what to expect.  Didn't take cash, just the checkbook.  I really didn't spend much at all.  Stayed in lower two digits too! But I walked out with 3 boxes and 1 big tote full of books!  This was in combination with two separate trips that I made this morning to the sale.  When I shop I will get a few things but really I am taking inventory of everything that is there.  I leave for awhile and think about it.  Then will go back if there is something that is heavy on my mind.  

I ended up with a lot of A Beka books.  A curriculum I hadn't really thought much about really.  But I was able to find full sets on the cheap!  I now have Emily's year filled, Elizabeth's year still needs a math curriculum, Jesse's year is complete and Jacob still needs some things.  I am thinking of going with Alpha Omega lifepac's for Algebra I for Jacob.  Wanting to stay with A Beka for Elizabeth's math.



In thinking of what individual things we are going to do.  I know that I want to do Unit Studies with Elizabeth Anne this year.  I found a Butterfly Unit Study on CurrClick...downloaded it free to the computer.  When we are ready to start, just print and go!  Tonight on a fellow homeschooling blog,
Teachable Scotts Tots Homeschool , I saw her talking about the Butterfly Habitat Garden.  I think this would be perfect to enhance our Butterfly study!!  I love it when things come together so nicely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment