Its new...lets just go with it.
1. Went to my first curriculum sale today. Wasn't what I expected but it exceeded exactly what I needed. Thank you God! Hey God? Can you send someone to figure out where to put everything and make it aesthetically pleasing to the eye?
2. There is only 6 1/2 more days of public school left for 3 children. As school is winding down our family's excitement is stepping up considerably!
3. We haven't done any schoolwork all week. I feel so blessed to have this flexibility in order to be able to take care of other household needs, sick kids, diabetes stuff...We will pick up again this next week and try and wrap up a few projects and get ready for the other kids to be home permanently.
4. Our PE class this summer will consist of swimming, swimming and more swimming. Natural Vitamin D!!!
5. I need to find a new way to keep records for our homeschooling. I am sure I will figure something out but it is weighing heavily in my thoughts lately. I don't want to miss anything. I did make a Word document with a four square table. Labled each square with a child's name and the curriculums listed of which will be studying for the next year.
Friday Five wasn't so hard!! I say this today, we will see what next Friday is like! LOL Have a Blessed Weekend!
Friday, May 13, 2011
I have never in my life been to a curriculum sale. I knew I would need some materials for all the kids this year. But I really went in thinking I would be in and out within 20 minutes. I really had no idea what to expect. Didn't take cash, just the checkbook. I really didn't spend much at all. Stayed in lower two digits too! But I walked out with 3 boxes and 1 big tote full of books! This was in combination with two separate trips that I made this morning to the sale. When I shop I will get a few things but really I am taking inventory of everything that is there. I leave for awhile and think about it. Then will go back if there is something that is heavy on my mind.
I ended up with a lot of A Beka books. A curriculum I hadn't really thought much about really. But I was able to find full sets on the cheap! I now have Emily's year filled, Elizabeth's year still needs a math curriculum, Jesse's year is complete and Jacob still needs some things. I am thinking of going with Alpha Omega lifepac's for Algebra I for Jacob. Wanting to stay with A Beka for Elizabeth's math.
In thinking of what individual things we are going to do. I know that I want to do Unit Studies with Elizabeth Anne this year. I found a Butterfly Unit Study on CurrClick...downloaded it free to the computer. When we are ready to start, just print and go! Tonight on a fellow homeschooling blog,
Teachable Scotts Tots Homeschool , I saw her talking about the Butterfly Habitat Garden. I think this would be perfect to enhance our Butterfly study!! I love it when things come together so nicely!!