Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In history...

In history...that is how children nowadays think about history.  That it was just something stupid that happened in the past and why should they learn about it now?  In public school, they learn that "stupid" history fact to pass a test and then do a brain dump.  Not everybody but I can tell my son has done that.  Emily and I were sitting here having a discussion about Rosa Parks and Jacob couldn't even tell me who she was.  So guess what he is doing?
Why are kids pumping and dumping their education?  Do they really need to know every fact, detail and date?  I think that if you were to ask a kid who is "so and so" they should know the general information about that person.  I know for a fact that Jacob learned about Rosa Parks in public school...where did that information go?

No comments:

Post a Comment