Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 1...31 Days to Clean

If you saw my post yesterday I was afraid that I would start organizing and cleaning today.  Today is NOT a cleaning day!!  Today was a prep day to get ready to complete 31 days of cleaning.  Ugh!  But, you tell me how I am not supposed to clean with a family of 6?  Well, I did it.  I cleaned!  Not everything but some much needed shelf clearing and scrubbing.  There is still a lot I can do over 31 days...honest!

Mary Challenge
We were supposed to identify specific reasons why we want to make our home a haven and create a mission statement.

It was hard to make a mission statement because all I could think of is the saying you hear all the time...cleaning is like shoveling snow during a blizzard.  This is SO me!  I feel that the kids are behind me leaving a dirt trail over the clean trail I already made.  But my specific reason is that I want people to feel comfortable to come over.  I get very anxious if someone just "stops" by...an hour notice is good for me.  But I don't want this.  I want a warm and inviting home for others.  My mission statement would have to be: "A Clean Home Is An Inviting Home".   Yep! That sounds really good for me!  Will I frame it?  I don't know...looks like a good cross stitch pattern to me!  Then I can frame it! :)

Martha Challenge
Making your list of supplies.
Not sure about anyone else but I think the most motivating cleaning tip I could ever give someone is to tell them to go buy a new bottle of cleaning spray and a sponge or cloth.  You will get home and be excited to use the new stuff!  I bought a spray of scrubbing bubbles!  Heaven!  Love to see the bubbles and then watch it clean.  My list would be needing a couple of spray bottles of the Pledge Multi-Surface, Bleach, Bleach wipes and trash bags.  I am planning on downsizing as I go along.

1 comment:

  1. (yup, acouple days late in posting this) I made my list, but the motto thing is kicking my bottom! I'll give myself by the end of the week to come up with one. I'll post it when I come up with something. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete