Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just a closer walk with thee...

This has been my song for today.  I can't help what song gets in my head.  But this song brought me closer to more than just God.


You see...as I grew up with my grandparents I did things with them and we were very much scheduled.  Grandma had her hair done the same time each week.  They were in Walmart by a certain time and Food World.  They packed all of this in before 11am as they were normally sitting outside the Quincy's restaurant just before they opened.
Skip a few years and now they are living in Texas.  The schedule is very different and I haven't caught on to it just yet.  Today is Tuesday and I thought today they ate at the Cotton Patch but I found out that today they are eating at the Golden Corral.  But we
 did make a stop at Walmart just before eating.  I walked side by side next to my grandmother who is probably 2 feet shorter than I am.  She is pushing the grocery cart and I don't have a hard time keeping with her.  But as I was walking with her this song popped in my head.  Grandma told me they have a rule with each other (with grandpa) that they have to leave walmart by 10:40am in order to stop and get gas before heading to lunch.  On time they were. We get to Golden Corral and I thought being the good granddaughter that I try to be that I would help grandma get her meal choosings for her plate.  Oh no.  They know my grandparents so well that she has a waitress who takes her by the arm and guides her through the buffet to see what she would like to eat.  Then she brings her back to the table and leaves toget the normal stuff like butter and such for her.  It seems that my grandparents walk close to a lot of people who have a willing heart to help them out.  They still walk close to Jesus and I have always known that of them.   But we also need other to walk close to us as we enter our new days and on the journey that we make the choices to be a part of.


JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE


Just a closer walk with Thee,Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,Daily walking close to Thee,Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

I am weak, but Thou art strong;Jesus, keep me from all wrong;I’ll be satisfied as longAs I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Through this world of toil and snares,If I falter, Lord, who cares?Who with me my burden shares?None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,Time for me will be no more;Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment