Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Find yourself first...

If you figure out yourself first then everything will fall into place.  I have found this out in more than one instance.  God opens doors for you but if you aren't aware and in tune with God you will miss it.  In the past 7 years   our family has evolved.  Some good, some not so good but that isn't part of the point.

I had a stroke 5 years ago and felt at my lowest.  I got back in the swing of things about 3 monthhs later.  Now, I only have 1 just 1 class left to finish my bachelor's degree.  Right now it doesn't seem to be the priority. My health is my priority and then my children. If I'm not well then the kids suffer.

Homeschooling allows us the flexibility to be able to say, "Today we are not going to have any schoolwork" maybe it is something I planned and didn't share or maybe something I didi on a whim.  I know each of my children and how they each tick.  Homeschooling is a right to me and most days I take it as a privelege for my family.  I know the government could overtun things pretty easy as our gov't officials aren't very stable right now, this is my opinion of course.  I am grateful each day that I get to wake up and have kids around me.

Here is my priority list:

1. God - all the time  Now to make this the kids' priority too
2. My husband - without the love and strength I gain will be put to good use in the household
3. My children - keeping them safe and educating them in the best way we know how to do.

Really I only have those priorities b/c worrying about money, weather or bills kind of fall under God and My husband...you see there is a communication connection there.  I admit, I would much rather communicate with God as we strive to keep peace in our household.  We are going places as a family.  It may not be a travel thing but really we are traveling by the seat of our pants!

Pray and ask God to help you be the host of your school day.  Even if you have to take all of your young children to the grocery tomorrow.  That time will be over soon.

Pray and ask for help from others.  Ask if you are in need of something.  People don't read your minds and know when to ask you.  You would be surprised at the amount of people God will bring your way.

Pray for your family and friends!  Prayer works and it would be a great way to show the kids how faith works with that mustard seed.  I found a pinterest item to share that we are totally going to put together tomorrow. Wonder if I should make a praise bucket too then we can transer our sticks to the  other pail.  I pray that my children will grow up to have compassion for each other and then show compassion to others no matter who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment