Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Is it October?

Great Illustrated Classics: Around the World in 80 DaysI was warned about how things seem to drag in the month of October by people in my homeschool group.  And you know how you hear things like that I think to yourself, "not us, we won't go through that".  Well, we have.  We took a bit of an extended fall break and trying to get back into schoolwork has been hard.  We started back a bit easier.  Jacob read the book "Around The World in 80 days".  I saw on Amazon.com they even have a game boy advance game that goes with the movie! Pretty cool.  He wants to wait until tonight to watch the movie when the other kids can watch it too.  Very sweet!  Next month the play is coming to the Roxy Theater and we are going to go watch that too.

The past 2 days I have been trying to relate things to Jacob more on his level.  He has some issues with focusing and staying on task.  Now, I know its not because he is bored like when he was in school.  May be ADD I don't know.  But I am not running out to the dr to get pills either.  I don't think it is that severe.  I am trying to show him how he is able to focus on his DS and the games he plays, but yet he has a hard time with his schoolwork.  Why is that?  This is what I am trying to get him to realize and hoping this helps him understand the importance of getting schoolwork finished.  Otherwise, we can say bye bye to the DS...not a choice he is willing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment