Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I know I will have to double this...but it sounds good and looks easy!

This simple five ingredient casserole is delicious and so easy you can keep the ingredients on hand for emergency meals. When I made it, I used cheddar cheese pasta sauce instead of the Alfredo sauce for a change of pace. And I used frozen brown rice in place of the rice medley.

Ingredients:

  • 10 oz. pkg. frozen rice medley
  • 10 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli in butter sauce
  • 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
  • 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook rice and broccoli as directed on packages. Spread rice in bottom of 1-1/2 quart glass casserole dish. Top with broccoli in sauce and chicken. Spoon alfredo sauce over casserole and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until casserole bubbles around the edge and food is thoroughly heated. 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment