Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

So tonight around 4:40 I get a phone call while I was doing dishes and didn't know the phone was ringing.  After I finish I listen to the voicemail and it is Vanderbilt's TrialNet
 study calling with Emily's test results.  That's odd!?!?!?  I always get a letter in the mail, not a phone call.  So I try to call back and I can't find the person who called me in the first place.  Nevermind, I knew the person directing the study.  I emailed her and within 3 min I had the phone call.  Not the results I was expecting though...
Emily tested positive for one of the 3 antibodies.  The GAD65.  Oddly enough all the other kids have been tested and they were all negative!  Yet, I have 2 children on insulin pumps with Type 1 diabetes!!!  Now I have one that is positive for the antibody and all we can do is wait for the 2nd blood draw on the 13th of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment