Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Working Mom...

Last night I was laying in bed and started complaining about Tennis.  Such a petty thing.  But to me at that time it wasn't petty.  I endure 6 months of Formula 1 racing and a full month (each day) of Tour de France in July.  I don't mind football at all.  But now I have to listen to women playing tennis and screeching everytime they hit the ball?  I played tennis in high school and I don't remember any of us doing that.  But do we have to watch tennis everynight and I wake up in the middle of the night and what is on?  Tennis!

Remember those canisters that you can open that look like a can of tennis balls and when you opened it all the big worms came flying out and everyone starts laughing.  Yeah...that's what it felt like last night...except neither of us were laughing.

Let's get a few things straight...

1.  I am a mom of 4 kids

2.  I homeschool all 4 kids

3.  3 of the kids (and myself) have T1 diabetes

4.  I do the majority of the cooking and all the meal planning

5.  I do the majority of the housework (or delegate...this is a great tool!)

6.  I do all the grocery shopping

7. I do all the bills

And now I am working 40 hours a week (but here at home..which is a perk of the job).  I am sure I could have made a longer list.

But I am having a supermom moment that I feel that I need to be.  And be able to do it all.  I don't know if its a control factor or what it is.   I have about 2 hours in the morning that I have to get all my stuff done before starting training.  My normal hours will be from 4:30 to 1am...I am a night owl so this doesn't bother me.

I really think this is my can of worms time until things normalize a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment